It was my pleasure to join the Sustainable Consumption and Production meeting hosted by OnePlanet at UNEA6 and discuss the importance of enabling…
Register your event: http://pulses.org/register-global-pulse-day
If you love beans, peas, lentils and chickpeas, January 18, 2017 is going to become your favorite cooking day. It will be the second ever Global Pulse Day, a global event to celebrate pulses and continue the momentum of the 2016 International Year of Pulses. Encourage people around the world to eat pulses on January 18th. Raise awareness on the multiple benefits of consuming pulses for people and the planet.
The first Global Pulse Day took place on January 6, 2016 as “Pulse Feast”, with 141 events spanning 36 countries, reaching 21 million people.
Any event can qualify as a Global Pulse Day event from a family meal with pulses on the menu to a corporate party to a seminar on pulses. Anybody can participate in any corner of the globe and can share their Global Pulse Day with the rest of the world by linking to LovePulses either by posting information about your event on social media and using the hashtag #GlobalPulseDay or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be some coverage over 48 hours of January 18 covering the world’s time zones. There is no limitation on number of people (from 2 to 20,000) to be attending your event.
What kind of event can Global Pulse Day be?
- A featured day of serving pulses at your facility or with your family
- Corporate lunch with employees and partners
- A dinner with friends
- A meal at a restaurant
- Donations to a local food bank of pulses
- A song (or other artistic creation) in honor of pulses or your favorite pulse-based meal (many were recorded on Global Pulse Day 2016)
Where can a Global Pulse Day take place?
A Global Pulse Day can take place anywhere. Here are a few examples of locations:
- Company facility
- Someone’s home
- Event venue
- School or University
- Public area
What are the requirements to be part of Global Pulse Day?
Global Pulse Day can take the shape of any event organized by anyone in the world as long as it follows the following 4 requirements:
- Pulses have to be on the menu or be featured in your event/creation (any type of pulse, any type of meal, any type of cuisine, any type of catering)
- Make references to Global Pulse Day using the hashtags #GlobalPulseDay, #LovePulses
- Be registered with us (please visit http://pulses.org/global-pulse-day or contact email@example.com)
- Share information about the event/happening/creation with LovePulses campaign: livestream video, recorded film, photos by using #GlobalPulseDay in your posts or emailing us directly with the material. firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I share my Global Pulse Day with the rest of the world?
- Use the Twitter hashtags #GlobalPulseDay #LovePulses to be sure to be recorded as part of our TINT feed (a social media aggregator)
- Capturing images of my event: any visual material that can be shared in social media will be of great use. Take pictures!
- Talking about my event: you can write a blog post before and after the event talking about why you are involved in celebrating pulses in 2017.
- Recording parts of my event: any type of video content (edited and non-edited) showing what your event looks like can be sent to us to be uploaded on social media platforms to be shared with us (#LovePulses @lovepulses is on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and pulses.org)
Happy Global Pulse Day!