What could be more exciting than recruiting young people to agriculture? Farming First is launching a great campaign called #IamAg campaign, to encourage more young people to take up agricultural careers. Between now and 21st October, farmingfirst.org will be sharing the stories of ag professionals from across the globe, across the whole value chain.
Our first blog post is from 29 year old Judy Nyawira, Production Manager at Shamba Shape Up – share the story of how she became involved in the hit TV show! I am thrilled to be adding my voice in the weeks ahead. Here’s how you can get involved too…
- Sign up to our Thunderclap that will send a timed tweet out, declaring what great opportunities exist in agriculture, especially for youth
- Share or embed our infographic “Working in Agriculture” that showcases the many careers young people can pursue
- Tweet out our individual career illustrations – we may have illustrated your career! (attached)
- Add a badge to your Twitter or Facebook profile to declare “I am Ag”
- Share blogs, videos, case studies, advice and insights using #IamAg – and you could be turned into an illustration or feature in our wrap up video at the end of the campaign!
- Retweet our content – there will be plenty to choose from!