The African Union, in collaboration with the Republic of Kenya, is organizing the Africa Fertilizer and Soil Health Summit (5-7 November, 2023).
As a part of the Summit, opportunities are created for 15 side events over two days on topical technical, policy, and finance subjects related to soil health and fertilizer in Africa. A side event at the AFSH Summit is an opportunity to showcase research/development activities and strengthen partnerships/linkages with the Summit audience.
The subject of the side events should align with one or two of the following sub-themes of the Summit:
- Advances in monitoring soil health, land degradation, and agronomic performance and multi-stakeholder action for scaling soil health globally through evidence-based public and private investment.
- Soil information systems in Africa.
- Process for developing and implementing Country plans and Partnership modalities for implementation of AFSH-AP.
- Importance and benefits of integrated landscape soil and water management to optimize fertilizer use and soil health across agricultural land uses.
- The organic matter component of the ISFM equation: Challenges and realistic opportunities.
- Policy framework around fertilizer and soil health; incentive schemes for building soil health.
- Financing Africa’s Fertilizer Value Chains.
Deadline for submission is 20 October 2023.
Learn more about the application process here.