Enjoy Dairy Rally and World Milk Day 2019 Celebrations and Key Metrics
World Milk Day was established by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in 2001 to recognize the importance of milk as a global food.
The 2019 celebrations were a huge success with over 664 million social media impressions and 426 events in 68 countries. 107 countries featured World Milk Day activity through May 29 - June 1, 2019.
To help create a positive stream of conversation in advance of the celebration, this year Global Dairy Platform coordinated the Enjoy Dairy Rally from May 29-31, culminating in World Milk Day on June 1. Through social and traditional media as well as hundreds of events, the benefits of milk and dairy products were actively promoted, including how dairy supports the livelihoods of one billion people around the world.
Overall, impressions were down from 1.1 billion last year, which was expected due to World Milk Day being on a Saturday this year. However, by introducing the Enjoy Dairy Rally and extending the length of activity, that shortfall was reduced. What’s more, the Enjoy Dairy Rally made the effort look and feel more like a campaign, which may be something to consider for the future.
Importantly, positive sentiment was up significantly from last year (60% vs. 43% in 2018), and negative posts decreased to 4% from 6% in 2018. The global dairy sector did a terrific job of keeping the conversation upbeat!
Below are some of the key metrics from the 2019 activities:
- 664 million impressions2 for the global campaign (including #EnjoyDairy plus 17 translations and local hashtags)
- 258 million impressions for the global campaign prior to June 1
- 50,000+ posts using #WorldMilkDay
- 145 million impressions for #EnjoyDairy
- 60% positive, 36% neutral, 4% negative sentiment for top 3 hashtags
- 525 media articles with 341 million readership (75% positive sentiment)
- 426 events in 68 countries
The full report is available for download from the World Milk Day website.