Emerging Ag is a boutique international consulting firm providing communications and public affairs services to clients in the agri-food, sustainability and health sectors. We are a dynamic group of multicultural individuals with a passion for making a positive impact. We provide expert services to our clients, with a strong focus on global policy issues and engagement with international organizations.
We are looking for a skilled and motivated policy manager to help organise and support several of the initiatives we lead, in particular coalition management. We need someone with excellent interpersonal skills, experience working internationally with multilateral or UN organisations, and a great sense for planning and project management.
This position is for a policy manager who is able to guide coalition building and management for complex groups and committees, in order to achieve impact and results for our clients. The role requires excellent coordination and communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt to different audiences and circumstances to ensure clients feel involved and engaged. The position involves managing multiple work streams, supporting policy development, developing communication tools, and keeping track of policy issues. Additional tasks could include support for events and meetings, outreach to stakeholders, creating supporting material for engagement, such as briefing packs and background notes, and coordinating input into policy discussions.
This position is home-based on a one-year renewable contract. The candidate would ideally be located in Europe or the UK. Candidates must be able to travel internationally on a regular basis.
- Scheduling committee and working group calls
- Managing calls and producing accurate and high quality meeting notes and minutes
- Following up on action items to ensure deliverables are met
- Forward planning for key moments and deliverables and structuring committee work on that basis
- Keeping abreast of selected policy issues and providing committees and working groups with relevant information
- Keeping track of key events and meetings, facilitating registration and participation and generally supporting outreach efforts.
- Preparing briefing notes and pre-reads to support working groups and committees' work
- Briefing new members and ensuring all participants in working groups are adequately involved
- Supporting meetings and events, for e.g. preparing concept notes, speakers’ briefings and briefing pack for meeting participants
- Preparing communication tools such as talking points, messages, factsheets, etc
- Supporting reporting to funders and clients
Must Have Skills:
- English language proficiency
- Experience managing committees or working groups
- Experience working in or with UN agencies or other multilateral organisations
- Exemplary research and writing skills
- Ability to plan and work to strict deadlines autonomously
- Demonstrated problem-solving, communications and relationship-building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong discipline and organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Strong proficiency in essential software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, other presentation software, etc)
Skills that are an Asset:
- Previous experience in agriculture, nutrition or health
- Interest in scientific subjects and public dissemination of scientific research
- Additional language skills
- Experience working internationally on development issues