Emerging Ag is a boutique international consulting firm providing communications and public affairs services to clients in the agri-food, sustainability and health sectors. We are a dynamic group of multicultural individuals with a passion for making a positive impact. We provide expert services to our clients, with a strong focus on global policy issues and engagement with international organizations.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated digital communications specialist with excellent oral and written English communication skills and good knowledge of digital communications tools, technologies and tactics.
This position is for a junior digital communications specialist who is able to drive awareness, engagement, and interaction for our clients across various digital platforms. The role includes curating content for our clients as well as providing artistic direction. The specialist will be responsible for creating and developing copy for various online platforms and maintaining content across various social media channels. The role offers a lot of room for creativity, autonomy and personal growth.
This position is home-based on a one-year renewable contract.
- Create, curate, and manage content for social media channels
- Develop and maintain copy (web, mobile and social media)
- Work with web partners to action regular content updates on client’s websites
- Create and manage online ad campaigns across social media channels
- Contribute to the design and execution of digital campaigns
- Brainstorm ways to engage customers and collect feedback through the use of social media, online surveys and email
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation
- Collect, review and provide recommendations on platform analytics
- Write analytics reports for clients
- Adapt tactics based on detailed measurements
- Work with translators to provide foreign language versions of English copy
- Work closely with other team members to deliver on the digital components of their projects
- Keep up to date with social landscape within our company’s areas of expertise, such as food security, nutrition, agriculture, health, sustainability
Must Have Skills:
- English native language proficiency
- Postsecondary education in the area of Communications, Journalism, Marketing or English
- Experience or strong interest in social media marketing, community engagement
- Exemplary writing and editing skills
- Experience or strong interest in social media management and in producing engaging content, in particular on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels
- Strong problem-solving, communications and relationship building skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects concurrently in an autonomous manner
- Well-versed in online media: email, web, social touchpoints
- Knowledge of MS Office tools and other editing software
Skills that are an Asset:
- Previous experience in agriculture, nutrition or health
- Experience in digital marketing
- Foreign language skills
- Experience with the Adobe Suite